Ahhh, Chex Mix the classic anytime snack. With so many different variations out there we decided to put our own spin on things. We took everything we loved about the original Chex Mix; the crunch, the tanginess, the saltiness and spiced it up a little with our Just Jan’s Tangerine Sriracha. This Just Jan’s Chex Mix hits all the right notes, it’s a great blend of spicy and savory, with a touch of the unexpected. It’s a snack you’ll eat by the handfuls and it's infinitely riffable! Throw in some bagel chips! Maybe some cashews! Go nuts! (no pun intended)
4 cups Rice Chex cereal
4 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
3 ½ cups pretzels
4 tbs. Just Jan’s Tangerine Sriarcha
1 tb. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. onion powder
6 tb. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss together the cereals, peanuts, and pretzels in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, Just Jan’s Tangerine Sriarcha, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and onion powder. Whisk until well-combined.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the dry ingredients, tossing to evenly coat.
- Spread the mix out evenly on the baking sheets. Bake, tossing every 15 minutes, until evenly browned, about 50 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
-recipe by Alyx Hogrewe
Leave a comment