Tender, flavorful chicken meatballs tossed in a sweet, spicy, and sticky orange sauce, with a side of roasted broccoli.
-1 lb ground chicken
-1/2 cup panko or almond flour
-4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
-1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
-2 green onions, finely chopped
-1 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp Just Jan’s Tangerine Sriracha
-Black pepper, to taste
-1 head broccoli, cut into florets
-1-2 tbsp olive oil
-Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
-2 tbsp Just Jan’s Tangerine Sriracha (more if you like it spicier)
-3 tbsp soy sauce
-3 tbsp rice vinegar
-3 tbsp honey
-1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 cup orange juice
-Zest from 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Add all meatball ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Use a cookie scoop and oiled hands to roll the mixture into 1 inch balls (will make 13-15 meatballs) and place them on one side of the baking sheet.
- Toss the broccoli with the oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in a medium skillet. Set over medium-high heat and bring the sauce to a boil for 5-8 minutes, until the sauce thickens and reduces by about 1/3. Keep on low heat.
- When the meatballs are done, add them to the pan with the sauce and toss over low heat until meatballs are well-coated.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice with thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe written by and photo courtesy of Tiffany Fuster
Leave a comment